Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Masters: Congratulations Adam Scott


It’s no secret that I am a fanatic of sports. However, I do have sports that I like more than others and I also have sports that are a little more difficult for me to watch… Golf. It is just so boring! Hit. Wait. Repeat for 18 holes. I need continuous competition. I enjoy the type that puts me on the edge of my seat and has me biting my nails. Now don’t get me wrong, the athletes who play golf deserve a lot of credit for the skills they have mastered. And that’s exactly why I do watch it and like to be informed. Just I tend to doze off sometimes into my mid-afternoon nap. But with all of that said, I thought I should report on the Masters since they just finished up.



The 2012 Masters Golf Tournament started like any other Masters.  The beautiful landscape looked like it always has.  With Tiger Woods being the unanimous favorite heading into Thursday, this seemed like another historical weekend in April.  However, this weekend became memorable for other reasons, but as usual, Tiger was still in the midst of it all.
Breathtaking!



Friday afternoon, Woods was approaching the 15th green when his ball rolled back into the water.  Woods had three options: hit where his ball crossed the water, hit from a drop zone, or hit from his original spot. Woods chose to hit from his original spot, but he did not drop the ball from the original spot. He stated in a post-game interview that he wanted to move the ball back for a better shot, which raised many eye brows among fans and judges.  The next day, Woods was penalized two strokes, thus hurting his chances for the green jacket.
Not this year, Tiger! (Sorry guys, was never really a fan!)


With Woods out of the picture, many fans felt a lull in the entire tournament. However, the Aussie Adam Scott stole the show with a sudden death playoff against Angel Cabrera. Scott had come so close so many times, but he never had won a major.  This time he was up to the challenge, and he finally put on the coveted green jacket.
Congratulations Adam!



No comments:

Post a Comment